Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuchs Vs Reps Advise Needed ?

chucknorris

Monza
I'm possibly looking at changing my RH wheels for some 18" Fuchs and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about them?

I was looking at the "18 OTTO Fuchs from Design911 and their other 18" Fuch style reps.

https://www.design911shop.com/Porsc...chs-Wheels/pt72_427_2320_-cma81-cmo109-ct326/

There are also a couple of other Fush reps on good old feabay ...

I actually like the look of the Kerscher FX wheels as they have a deep dish. I have messaged them to find out their weights but alas no response as of yet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254544328938?epid=838449741&hash=item3b440638ea:g:WVMAAOSwuxZecjWC

I think these could be the same reps that Design911 have in stock

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383997592151?hash=item59680a4257:g:BCEAAOSwuW9dZqYj

I know a few peeps run them on their cars in this group so would love to hear if you have the genuine ones or run any of the reps out there and what your thoughts on them, good and bad.

Cheers

Attachments

• 1_932.jpg
    1_932.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,762
  • 2_586.jpg
    2_586.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,762
  • 3_711.jpg
    3_711.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,762
  • thumbnail_img_2788_544.jpg
    thumbnail_img_2788_544.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,762
As with colour, wheel choice is quite subjective, so don't worry too much about other peoples opinions & go with whatever appeals to you.

However as you asked :) I love the smaller Fuchs style wheels from old school air cooled cars, but many of the 18" replicas & even the real Fuch's branded 18" versions just don't look quite right to my eye.

Many seem to have a petal design that's just a little too squared off, &/or the front wheels have an odd offset & look relatively flat compared to the deeper dish of the rears.

In this respect, I think the DP18's from Group4 wheels, strike a better aesthetic balance & seem well made.
https://www.group4wheels.com/store/18-DP-Fuchs-c63263072

I have a set as summer wheels for my 996, which I've been happy with.

I appreciate most of these pics are older than your 993, but they may give you a feel for what they might look like. Check out freedog_964 or Group4Wheels on instagram.

chucknorris said:

I actually like the look of the Kerscher FX wheels as they have a deep dish. I have messaged them to find out their weights but alas no response as of yet.

I know a few peeps run them on their cars in this group so would love to hear if you have the genuine ones or run any of the reps out there and what your thoughts on them, good and bad.

I've had the same question for Kerscher on their wheels for my 997. I've tried a few times to get the weights from them. But to no avail. I'm guessing as they're reluctant / can't be bothered that they're pretty heavy!

I'm very much of the camp that I won't put on new wheels if they are heavier than my OEM's, so whilst I am style driven, its only if they have a performance advantage too (albeit very small in some cases). :thumb:

I have reps on my car ... they are a little heavy but I like the look. I also had reps on my previous 911 ... photos below

Attachments

• 2018_07_01_082838_503.jpg
    2018_07_01_082838_503.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,666
  • pt24_copy_719.jpg
    pt24_copy_719.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,666
I have the details for the wheels on the Turbo:

Fuchs Replica £1372.20
8.5Jx19 ET55 14.1kg
11Jx19 ET55 15.9kg

OEM Turbo II wheels £6131.80
8.5Jx19 ET55 10.0kg
11Jx19 ET51 11.7kg

Real Fuchs wheels £4440.00
8.5J ET56 x 19 inch 10.5kg
11J ET51 x 19 inch 11.5kg

sp1ke said:
As with colour, wheel choice is quite subjective, so don't worry too much about other peoples opinions & go with whatever appeals to you.

However as you asked :) I love the smaller Fuchs style wheels from old school air cooled cars, but many of the 18" replicas & even the real Fuch's branded 18" versions just don't look quite right to my eye.

Many seem to have a petal design that's just a little too squared off, &/or the front wheels have an odd offset & look relatively flat compared to the deeper dish of the rears.

In this respect, I think the DP18's from Group4 wheels, strike a better aesthetic balance & seem well made.

I appreciate most of these pics are older than your 993, but they may give you a feel for what they might look like. Check out freedog_964 or Group4Wheels on instagram.

Cheers for the website link, I like the design but not the flat dish aspect which is similar to what i have already. I'm looking for that step stage aspect.

sp1ke said:

Thanks for the website info I'll take a look.

JonnieD said:
chucknorris said:

I've had the same question for Kerscher on their wheels for my 997. I've tried a few times to get the weights from them. But to no avail. I'm guessing as they're reluctant / can't be bothered that they're pretty heavy!

I'm very much of the camp that I won't put on new wheels if they are heavier than my OEM's, so whilst I am style driven, its only if they have a performance advantage too (albeit very small in some cases). :thumb:

Yep I'm the same even though I want the look I don't want to be compromising on handling by having a heavier set of wheels.

I might try and call them tomorrow and see if anyone can be arsed to pick up the phone, though my GCSE in German isn't the best haha

Ratattak said:
I have the details for the wheels on the Turbo:

Fuchs Replica £1372.20
8.5Jx19 ET55 14.1kg
11Jx19 ET55 15.9kg

OEM Turbo II wheels £6131.80
8.5Jx19 ET55 10.0kg
11Jx19 ET51 11.7kg

Real Fuchs wheels £4440.00
8.5J ET56 x 19 inch 10.5kg
11J ET51 x 19 inch 11.5kg

I love the wheels, assuming they're 19"?

Also thanks for the weight details, greatly appreciated.

chucknorris said:
JonnieD said:
chucknorris said:

Yep I'm the same even though I want the look I don't want to be compromising on handling by having a heavier set of wheels.

I might try and call them tomorrow and see if anyone can be arsed to pick up the phone, though my GCSE in German isn't the best haha

Ha, good luck on the German then if you manage to get through to them.:thumbs:
I didn't even do German at school I plumped for French instead, so I'm no further help! I do think at least many more Germans than French speak passable English though so you might be ok.

On the wheel weights, I've just taken some weight from my car, and I'll do more in the months to come. So the last thing I'm going to do is to increase the unsprung weight too. I've done enough tests in the past to know the effect of reducing unsprung weight, it does make a noticeable difference. I've a feeling I may end up with the Otto Fuchs wheels though as most other options turn out to be too heavy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back