Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fog light switch blanking plate

jhrfc

Spa-Francorchamps
I am thinking of fitting turbo-style ducts at the front of the car and thus losing the (useless) front fogs.
I know I would need to keep the rear fogs working independently, but would want to remove the front fog switch, not least to avoid overzealous MOT failures.
Does anybody know how/where I can get a blanking plate, they must exist for cars without front fogs?
Cheers
J

Attachments

• duct2_191.jpg
    duct2_191.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 1,596
AndyS said:
I might be wrong here (and I'm sure someone will say if I am) - but don't you have to pull the front fog switch in order to then pull the rear switch?
Yes , but you can bypass that.

I have turbo ducts with lamps also and these are wired up as side lights.

I just bought a blanking cover for my RS evocation project, as they have this setup as std. I've not fitted it yet, but from what I can tell you will need to open up the dash to remove the switch from the dash before you can fit the blanking cover.

Look for part no 9997033444001.

I got mine from Design 911

Andy

andyp said:
I just bought a blanking cover for my RS evocation project, as they have this setup as std. I've not fitted it yet, but from what I can tell you will need to open up the dash to remove the switch from the dash before you can fit the blanking cover.

Andy
Thanks! so the plug that goes in the trailing end of the door fits the dash switch holes?

jhrfc said:
andyp said:

Andy
Thanks! so the plug that goes in the trailing end of the door fits the dash switch holes?

Probably the same item.

I was going item number 23 off this parts diagram
https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/diagramsBrowser.aspx?categoryID=8&diagramID=2520

Caveat is that I've not fitted this item yet, but when I offer it up to the switch that I have removed the knob from it covers the area and it looks like it would click it in once I remove the switch body.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronn
Back