Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door switch replacement - concave washer

acme

Sao Paulo
Another issue Gents, some help/advice if possible.

Following the thread 'Door courtesy light switch, a cautionary tale' I decided to change my drivers side switch, which has been a bit dodgy for years but got worse last year.

Not long after I got the car 14 years ago I was checking the oil level on the dipstick so had the car running of course, went back to get in and it was locked, I was about 10 miles from home! Fortunately I had the sunroof open so was able to lean in, lesson learnt, always lower a window. I'd had the central locking closed but never knew what had caused it as it's not happened since, I suspect now it was the switch.

Ordered a new one from the OPC and the concave washer appears to be part of the (old) switch, though as the new switch & all references on line don't include it I presume it isn't, any suggestions how to get it off? No matter if I use pliers on the washer and a socket on the old switch it will not budge, it appears to be one.......

Cheers

Attachments

• 89004922_4766_4043_a018_078a9051b23b_156.jpeg
    89004922_4766_4043_a018_078a9051b23b_156.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,751
Thanks for that, appreciated.

I actually saw that once doing a bit more digging, guess mines corroded & is usually easy to separate.

Cheers

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back