Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Di Resta to Ferrari rumour gaining momentum

wizard993

Donnington
http://www.inautonews.com/vettel-backs-massa-amid-di-resta-to-ferrari-rumours#.UHa7wa4RLTp

http://www.lastampa.it/2012/10/04/s...la-ferrari-zw2jB6hHg0BVHN6bGa5KWJ/pagina.html

After PDR beat Vettel in the last single seater championship(when they had almost identical machinery), I can imagine why Vettel does not want Di Resta anywhere near a Fezza :lol:

Mancini has the contacts at Maranello, so hopefully he is right on the button, as PDR can win GP's/titles in a good car.

Fingers crossed but in F1 anything can happen.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103484

Things must be really bad at Ferrari. Until two races ago he was nowhere. Did it really take the threat of the axe to get Massa off his backside vs all that "now finally understanding the tyres etc etc stuff we are reading about"

Ferrari need two very strong drivers. Hulkenberg or Di Resta would have given Alonso a few more results scares than Massa will ever be able to do.

...now Alonso can "relax" in terms of who is in the No2 Fezza. :lol:

yeah, but it's about time someone knocked Alonso off his little spanish perch. I'd do it if I ever came within 3 feet of him.

Massa has just signed with ferrari for 2013

Vettel to fez in 2014 & pdr to redbull i reckon.

Also, are any teams not reliant on what money/sponsorship a driver can bring and self sufficient as such?

kingston said:
Also, are any teams not reliant on what money/sponsorship a driver can bring and self sufficient as such?

Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Toro Rosso and depending upon how Dr Malya feels, Force India. Obviously all are going to be happier if a driver appeals to sponsors, but those guys can pretty much hire who they want as I understand things (though there is nothing to lead one to assume that STR or FI pay drivers much, they are bankrolled by deep enough pockets that they wouldn't have to take a driver just to balance the books). Enough backing for someone with adequate talent could probably get them a seat in any of the other cars, making the best buyable F1 seat the Lotus/Renault/Genii if you ask me.

[duplicate post ablated - forum behaving oddly tonight]

Frankly it's becoming more about sponsors/drivers than ever before as the global economy shrinks. Take Perez for examples, his Mexican sponsor has very deep pockets and will throw lots of money at McLaren.....but I think we will see that big money deals do not buy driver talent in 2013

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back