Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone communicated with Porsche Stockport?

isysman

Daytona
I have my deposit for my Boxster GTS with Wilmslow. And I know Stockport has opened and quite a few of the staff from Wilmslow have moved over there. But it seems all is not so happy between the two places.

Had a curious email from the salesperson I dealt with there as she has moved to Stockport. She's trying to get me to move my order over there.

Anyone else had any curious emails from them? I mean she's not asking me exactly but there is definitely a 'if you want to keep your order with me that's great'...

I thought with them being all Stratstone it was all one happy family!

G'day T
I went the other week and they are definitely competing OPC'S. the only thing that isnt up and running is parts. I asked as to whether if they share allocations, sales numbers etc and the bloke I was chatting with said nope. Stand alone units under the Stratstone umbrella as if it were any other Stratstone OPC.
She would be sailing very close to the wind with what she "isn't" asking you to do, if you know what I mean. If you chop and change, could you lose your build slot or allocation?
Tough call

Well I'm waiting for them to announce the PDK before I move forward. To be honest I'm not sure I will move forward. Still having second thoughts. Told them I need to drive one before I make a decision.

I find it strange they would build so close and then have them compete.

She is concerned and understandably so about the commission,
perharps ring the OPC to make sure you still have the build slot.

I reckon business is tough. They both have overheads but luttle by way of sales. I dont see OPC anywhere immune to business collapse due to Covid 19.
Pendragon is a large multiple outlet organisation that will be riddled with accountants looking at cashflow (more so than profitability).

I hear the rent on the premises at Stockport is very high. It is not owned freehold apparently by Pendragon or Stratstone. But my contact could be mistaken.

In any case, i dont like dealing with Pendragon/Stratstone, so i have no interest in what is to be or what happens.

Interestingly today I dropped into Wilmslow to book my car in for a Major Service. Mid October is my date. They are that backed up on workload, he said if you didn't buy from Wilmslow, existing customer or known to them, they won't take any servicing work on.
Other OPC customers are having trouble at their local one,so are trying to move around the system.

FZP said:
Interestingly today I dropped into Wilmslow to book my car in for a Major Service. Mid October is my date. They are that backed up on workload, he said if you didn't buy from Wilmslow, existing customer or known to them, they won't take any servicing work on.
Other OPC customers are having trouble at their local one,so are trying to move around the system.

Lol Wilmslow's servicing price was 300 notes higher than Most others. Hopefully Stockport doesn't have the Wilmslow tax?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back