Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice pls - possible newbie - what to get ???

911DG

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi guys

Some advice greatly needed pls. I’m a 20yr 911 daily drive guy - 993/996/997s - but times have changed and I now live on a farm road and have a family and massive dog. It’s time …

Been looking at Cayennes and Macans. Budget is £30-40k. I’d like something that’s a little special and I’m not sure what’s what. 2.0lt seems light on, 3.0lt? GTS I assume is assume ? Turbo? What’s main between the models etc.

Any advice would be Ace guys ??? And also, vs a Cayenne ????

Thanks so much.

Dan

Hi Dan, I recently bought a low miles, FPSH 2016 Macan S 3.0 V6 TD. I'm really impressed with the way it drives! Especially compared to the Jag E-pace I p/exchanged. It handles more like a car than it ought to and the torque and refinement of the diesel is also impressive! Like many Porsche's, make sure it has all the options you want. It was / is a very popular model, so there are many to choose from!

Try one... I'd have a GTS if I didn't need something more economical for daily use. Just watch out for transfer box issues and leaking timing chain covers.

I've had a 2015 GTS for about a year now and really love it for a daily driver. Fuel economy is definitely not the best, but the noise and performance more than make up for it. Try one and I don't think that you'll be disappointed. Get one in a good colour, and they stand out from the crowd (mine is Carmine Red with black trim ;) ).

Phil

I've had a 2015 GTS for about a year now and really love it for a daily driver. Fuel economy is definitely not the best, but the noise and performance more than make up for it. Try one and I don't think that you'll be disappointed. Get one in a good colour, and they stand out from the crowd (mine is Carmine Red with black trim ;) ).

Phil
Pictures or it didn’t happen! 🤣

I have a lovely Macan S for sale, High spec £24,750, message me if interested.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1696022584430 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1696022584430 (1).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1696022589093 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1696022589093 (1).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 14
HI
10K Qashqai+ 30k 981 cayman?

otherwise I like the 2019 Cayenne with the digital instruments -built and drives like a tank and you might get one at 40K just..

Qashqai 🤨

I've driven Cayenne turbo and Macan GTS and S. With a dog plus family I'd go for a 17 to 18 plate Cayenne all day long and stick a OPC warranty on it. If you can find a Cayenne turbo s even better.

You can get a gen 3 Cayenne now for sub £40k without silly miles.

They are superb.

Personally, doing 25-30k a year I want a diesel, I would have a Hybrid but I'm one of the 50% who have no where to charge, so I'm looking at 2017 diesels, 2017 because the infotainment is a lot better.

But the turbo petrol gen 3 is a blinder, my old man has one, black with truffle brown nappa leather and a few other toys and it is amazing.

He had a Macan before, nice in a different way, I just think an SUV needs to be a wafter with some grunt, and for me the Cayenne edges it for that role.

This is pretty much what my old man has, those pics make the interior look horrible, it is far darker than that in the flesh.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back