Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A cautionary tale on the Porsche dashcam fitted to a 992

Tonto992

First off being both new to the forum and to Porsche I just want to say Hi to everyone and thanks for allowing me to join.
So after years of lust and admiration I have finally purchased a 911 (992) C2. It was a close run thing to be honest between the Cayman and the 992 but after test drives in both I decided that for once I should go with my heart and not my head (wallet).
Both cars were very impressive to drive but I felt the cayman just kept pushing me to drive it faster whereas the 992 felt a little more refined.
Anyway I decided to get a dashcam fitted and really liked the idea of parking protection offered by the Porsche set up. Well a word of caution guys, the parking mode doesn’t work on all cars! It doesn’t tell you that in the sales literature and the guys at my local OPC didn’t know that either.
Anyway we’re all sorted now having come to a mutually agreeable arrangement but do your homework on this upfront is my learning point.
Other than that I’m loving the car and the brand. The car just keeps getting better the more I drive it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Cayman was it? Was it a GTS 4 litre one?
Congratulations on your purchase

welcome fellow 992 owner! post details when you get a chance

the official Porsche dashcam which is an Audi unit, is by all accounts a very limited spec item, market feed reflects this

welcome fellow 992 owner! post details when you get a chance
Here are the headline specs:-
Gt silver metalic
Carrera S wheels in black gloss
Black leather
18 way adaptive memory seats
Front axle lift
Sunroof
Sports chrono pack
Sports exhaust
Led matrix lights
Privacy glass
Nightview
Surround view
Light design pack
Bose sound

First off being both new to the forum and to Porsche I just want to say Hi to everyone and thanks for allowing me to join.
So after years of lust and admiration I have finally purchased a 911 (992) C2. It was a close run thing to be honest between the Cayman and the 992 but after test drives in both I decided that for once I should go with my heart and not my head (wallet).
Both cars were very impressive to drive but I felt the cayman just kept pushing me to drive it faster whereas the 992 felt a little more refined.
Anyway I decided to get a dashcam fitted and really liked the idea of parking protection offered by the Porsche set up. Well a word of caution guys, the parking mode doesn’t work on all cars! It doesn’t tell you that in the sales literature and the guys at my local OPC didn’t know that either.
Anyway we’re all sorted now having come to a mutually agreeable arrangement but do your homework on this upfront is my learning point.
Other than that I’m loving the car and the brand. The car just keeps getting better the more I drive it!
Took delivery last month of new Carrera 2, with front and rear Porsche dashcams fitted. Does your experience suggest parking mode will not be working? I wasn't aware. I have however reported to OPC being unable to change settings for rear camera - the settings screen flashes up momentarily then disappears. To be explored further next time I'm at OPC.

Last edited:
at first parking mode was not visible in the settings page of the app. I reset to original settings and it appeared so I could set it. When I turned off ignition the system announced parking mode enabled however it didn’t stay enabled and had disappeared from setting screen when I rechecked it. Did this every time I tried. believe it all depends on what battery is fitted to your car if this mode will work or not.

I have one fitted to my 23 GTS and the parking mode always appears to work, I have also adjusted the radar sensitivity vis the app without issue.
I don’t check the footage that often but when I have I haven’t had any issues, overall it’s a decent camera that does what I need it to. I should say that I had mine installed for a decent price and would not have paid the full tech equipment retail price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back