Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Coolant Expansion Tank Replacement

badbadtz

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi,

Whilst cleaning the engine bay I noticed the start of a hairline crack in the expansion tank but is not leaking yet thankfully. A quick google search reveals this is a common problem as the tank ages and becomes brittle due to the repeated heat cycles (plus its probably a poor design to begin with).

Until a replacement arrives and I find time to fit it I've temporarily reinforced the area with JB weld and some carbon fibre weave.

I managed to find a detailed DIY guide on rennlist but for a 997.1 and it says to remove the cables for the injectors and fuel distributor pipe. But looking at the engine bay I don't see why you would do this as it doesn't look like any of that would get in the way of removal? :?:

Has anyone got any tips or advice on a 997.2 expansion tank replacement?

Cheers,
Nick

Nick .. ping me an email and i'll send the instructions ..

[email protected]

You have to drop the engine by up to 4 cm but there's nothing there to say undo the injector wiring .

Ignore, duplicate post...

deMort said:
Nick .. ping me an email and i'll send the instructions ..

[email protected]

You have to drop the engine by up to 4 cm but there's nothing there to say undo the injector wiring .

Thanks a lot Iain. I've sent you an email :thumb:

wjk_glynn said:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/1069716-the-diy-guide-to-replacing-your-997-coolant-expansion-tank.html

Thanks but that's the guide I found which mentioned removing some of the wiring loom which didn't make sense to me

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back