Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 AC drain pipe disconnected

mutleymeadows

Hi
Can anyone tell me please how to access the AC drain pipe located behind the carpet in the passenger footwell.
The pipe from the ac is easily visible after removing the panel under the glove box but the connecting pipe is to the side, centre console, trapped behind the carpet.
I believe this to be why im getting water in the footwell only when i use the AC.
Thanks

Might be easier looking underneath the car. You might have to remove the underbody plastics. Hopefully the rigid pipe will be hanging in the floor grommet?

I'm sure this is the drain exit in the floorpan of my 996.

Attachments

• 1998c9df_4857_4bc4_abb7_336b2af5c4f5_351.jpeg
    1998c9df_4857_4bc4_abb7_336b2af5c4f5_351.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 917
Thanks for that.
i'm pretty sure the pipe has deconnected behind the carpet in the footwell.
I will however check the end of the pipe under the underbody plastic covers.
My forst point is however peeling back if i can the carpet.

The above image shows the pipe exiting the car so if you can get the undertray off you will see it .

Image below is im afraid of a 997 as i dont have one of a 996 but they are both in the same location .

carpet back far enough to get at it is a little tricky .. the carpet at the back of the center console and under the dash .. that's held in place with velcro but with the center console installed i doubt you will have good access to the pipe by pulling the carpet so best to remove that .

Blocked battery drain grommets will also cause water in this area .. i expect you have already checked them though .

have a good look at the exit on the heater box for this pipe .. you are looking for splits or kinks ..

It's almost unheard off for this pipe to block or detach from the floor pan to be honest .. i've certainly never seen it .

Poorly fitted windscreen will also cause this .

Attachments

• p6290048_127.jpg
    p6290048_127.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 894
Hi
Thats great thank you.
Mine is a 997 and its exactly the issue.
What I have from behind the panel under the glove box is an unconnected rubber right angled joint which it seems should be connected to the rubber vertical pipe shown in your second photo.
Its just how I can peel back the carpet thats the problem, or if perhaps i can push it up and through?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back