Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 suspension refurb

Welshpete

Since my ownership I have replaced all the suspension arms front and rear (last 12months) and now I'm about to do the shock absorbers, Ive gone with Bilstein B4's including all new nut, bellows etc but one thing I have not considered is the springs. Part of me says keep the originals due to cost the other part of says change them everything else is new. I am looking at either Eibach or H&R lowering springs.
Will they fit ok on the Bilstein sand any potential issues I should be aware of. Thanks.

Welshpete said:
Since my ownership I have replaced all the suspension arms front and rear (last 12months) and now I'm about to do the shock absorbers, Ive gone with Bilstein B4's including all new nut, bellows etc but one thing I have not considered is the springs. Part of me says keep the originals due to cost the other part of says change them everything else is new. I am looking at either Eibach or H&R lowering springs.
Will they fit ok on the Bilstein sand any potential issues I should be aware of. Thanks.

If the springs are ok I'd leave them personally (although if they are really tired and you are changing other stuff ...), as far as lowering springs, if you lower springs you should have shocks with shorter bodies (B8s), as you have already bought the shocks I'd stick with standard.

On my C2 I have H&R lowering springs together with Koni special actives which were recommended by Centre Gravity but they are still long body and although I love them you can tell they have rebound issues in some circumstances.

Keep the standard springs if they are still in good shape and don't want to lower the car. If you lower the car by >30mm be prepared for potential issues will geometric alignment (rear camber) unless you have adjustable toe arms.

Having said that Vogtland springs have more gentle spring rate than Eibach/H&S so might be worth a go and cost less last time I looked.

Welshpete said:

I'm considering this and keeping the existing shocks/springs. Did it make a substantial difference to the ride?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back