Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

97 GT3 Comfort at RPMTechnik?

I briefly had some Carrera GT seats in my 993 and I just didn't find them that comfortable, so I think the carbon buckets will be more suitable for me and look nicer. They do seem quite expensive tho :eek: It may be cheaper to just buy a Cayman R with them already optioned and then sell it on with the comfort seats swapped in! :D

However, I must make sure I don't go down the rabbit hole of mods, as I have a bad habit of spending too much money on mods and other stuff! I think the bucket seats will be a must have, and also to make the car more road focussed I'm also considering a DSC Controller (to make the car softer on bad roads) and maybe a head unit swap with CarPlay (so I know where I'm going).

Oh, I also put a deposit down on the car!

andyp said:
I briefly had some Carrera GT seats in my 993 and I just didn't find them that comfortable, so I think the carbon buckets will be more suitable for me and look nicer. They do seem quite expensive tho :eek: It may be cheaper to just buy a Cayman R with them already optioned and then sell it on with the comfort seats swapped in! :D

However, I must make sure I don't go down the rabbit hole of mods, as I have a bad habit of spending too much money on mods and other stuff! I think the bucket seats will be a must have, and also to make the car more road focussed I'm also considering a DSC Controller (to make the car softer on bad roads) and maybe a head unit swap with CarPlay (so I know where I'm going).

Oh, I also put a deposit down on the car!

Congrats! Make sure you get some pics up when you pic her up! :)

shantybeater said:
The difference is literally a cage & seats, and a killswitch, nothing else. So unless its 80%+ track usage I wouldn't pay the premium. It won't drive any different.

Also fire extinguisher and harnesses were supplied in a box for the owner to fit / have fitted, plus the Clubsport pack cars had different door cards, without the bins. Agree with the rest of the comment though, a touring spec car would be better in that scenario

Roro said:
shantybeater said:
The difference is literally a cage & seats, and a killswitch, nothing else. So unless its 80%+ track usage I wouldn't pay the premium. It won't drive any different.

Also fire extinguisher and harnesses were supplied in a box for the owner to fit / have fitted, plus the Clubsport pack cars had different door cards, without the bins. Agree with the rest of the comment though, a touring spec car would be better in that scenario

There is no kill switch.

Senoj said:
Roro said:
shantybeater said:

There is no kill switch.

Yeah, there was 'preparation" for it, but no kill switch as such

Roro said:
Senoj said:
Roro said:
shantybeater said:

There is no kill switch.

There's no preparation for it either. (997) :thumb:

Senoj said:
Roro said:
Senoj said:
Roro said:
shantybeater said:

There is no kill switch.

There's no preparation for it either. (997) :thumb:

See pic, I knew I wasn't imagining it!

Attachments

• d7272f6f_e3ee_4a45_bbe5_5b3ce6498b92_102.jpeg
    d7272f6f_e3ee_4a45_bbe5_5b3ce6498b92_102.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 344
Well. It's not actually there, if you find it let me know :thumb:

I suspect that's a cut and paste error from the 996 brochure :D

Well done Andy. Hope it's the car you expect it to be when you go and see it. 👍

New Threads