Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Screen Wash System Overhaul

Scumfrog

I know I should just get my head round it by studying the parts book, but are there any instructions / threads about this system anywhere?
My MOT is due in April, there are blockages, I probably need some new windscreen jets (or can they be cleaned?), some new pipes wouldn't hurt.
I'm also thinking I would be better off getting rid of the 'intensive wash' and the headlamp wash section altogether and just keep the windscreen wash in order to simplify it.

I can recommend cleaning the nozzles with a can of compressed air. They get scaled up / clogged…

Yes. Slide then lift them clear of the bonnet, disconnect from the pipe and blast them with some air. Has done the trick on previous 964's and 993's of mine...

They're not sliding anywhere. Do I prise them out with a trim tool?
No access underneath so I guess they must just pop out?

The intensive screen wash function is a cool thing. I'd be inclined to keep it. To a future owner, removing it would possibly devalue the car.

The intensive screen wash function is a cool thing. I'd be inclined to keep it. To a future owner, removing it would possibly devalue the car.
worth keeping the intensive wash

headlamp wash is something worth removing to simply things

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back