Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4S vs GTS ride & coupe vs can vs targa rear headroom

Jdizzle

I am looking to get my first Porsche in a couple of years and need some advice.
Can afford a pre-owned 991.2 or 992. Coming from a high spec X5 so like the idea of 992 interior but 991.2 exterior similarly good, sometimes looks better imo.
Questions:
1. Want performance but not too stiff and uncomfortable. Is there any difference in the ride quality in 4S vs GTS
2. Go through phases of coupe, cabriolet (would love but screams midlife crisis) and Targa, probably my favourite but hear there is bad air turbulence at speed. Have to drive 2 youngest once per week (adult size 11 year old girl and tall for age 7 year old boy). Is there any difference in rear seat capacity between models? Heard something about targa headroom being compromised?
3. Lots of cars have 3 or 4 owners after a couple of years. Is that a red flag or just usual for sports cars in general? Tend to have low mileage, worried that's a reliability issue, or maybe just a sign they're not daily drivers??

Would go to dealer and test drive etc but found them a bit rude when I was considering a Cayenne.

:welcome: to 911uk Jd

1. The 4S and GTS are both very comfortable sports cars. Any differences between them wouldn't spoil your ownership experience.

2. For anything more than a short journey the rear sets in any 911 are for young children only. Your kids are probably too big already - sorry.

3. Several owners in the first few years is not an issue. It's a sign that for many these cars are a 'tick the done that ownership box' and/or that the lease deals available on new/nearly new cars works out well.

Many owners report that Sales departments of official Porsche centres do seem a bit rude but it won't help if you tell them that you're considering something for 2 years in the future. :wink:

T8 said:
:welcome: to 911uk Jd

1. The 4S and GTS are both very comfortable sports cars. Any differences between them wouldn't spoil your ownership experience.

2. For anything more than a short journey the rear sets in any 911 are for young children only. Your kids are probably too big already - sorry.

3. Several owners in the first few years is not an issue. It's a sign that for many these cars are a 'tick the done that ownership box' and/or that the lease deals available on new/nearly new cars works out well.

Many owners report that Sales departments of official Porsche centres do seem a bit rude but it won't help if you tell them that you're considering something for 2 years in the future. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome and your response. I feel reassured re ride and ownership. The short trip with one kid squeezed in the back is really short, 10-20 mins, they'll cope!

Bad dealer experience was when I was ready to buy a new Cayenne immediately, was so bad they pushed me to the X5 so I'm not keen to just enquire about 911. Will test drive nearer the time, which is looking likely to be brought forward 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back