Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2011 997.2 6MT - Audio issue connecting iPhone to aux with a 3.5mm to lightning cable

msaif996

Monza
Hello everyone, I just bought a 997.2 2011 Black Edition 6MT. The gentlemen I bought it from gave me a 3.5mm to lightning 0.5m cable to plug my iPhone into the aux connection in the arm rest. The sound has what I can only describe as an alternator whine (the whine increases as you rev) and the sound is distorted and not clear, it’s like an echo and the voice in a music track is almost missing. The music can be heard but it is like an echo and the voice you cannot hear properly. I tried a iPhone XS & 14 and they both had the same problem.

Has anyone faced the same issue? Before I order a replacement cable I wanted to check as this is quite a specific issue?

Many thanks for reading and for any guidance.

The replacement cable arrived and it worked on different iPhones. Interestingly, the manual states (for the 997.2 PCM 3) you can stream audio on Bluetooth but the option doesn’t appear as per the manual.

What plugs do you have in the centre console? I stream Bluetooth audio to the PCM 3 in my 997.2 via a BOVEE Tune to Air WMA1000 and a Porsche “Y” cable.

I’ve got the audio box with the three sockets but the strange thing is the manual states you can stream Bluetooth audio. I followed the instructions but the option didn’t appear. I wanted to see if I could do it this way before I buy the extra bits you have.
Do playlists appear on your PCM with your setup and can you change songs on the PCM.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back