Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 cell cats vs 100

Hi is their any difference in power gain ? seems like the 100 cell option is more expensive with less sources to buy from.
Looking at the powerspeed option where they modify your existing cats or the design 911 option https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...K-Exhaust-catalytic-converter-set-1620300210/

Dansk stuff seems to have a bit a of bad rep when it comes to sound.
Other options i guess is Gerts 100 cell post and modify. Anyone gone down the powerspeed route ? thanks

I just bought new cats for the 997 turbo. I was told the 100 cell cats wouldn't make it through an MOT. They will also make it louder but do unleash more power.

Surinder Randhawa said:
Hi is their any difference in power gain ? seems like the 100 cell option is more expensive with less sources to buy from.
Looking at the powerspeed option where they modify your existing cats or the design 911 option https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...K-Exhaust-catalytic-converter-set-1620300210/

Dansk stuff seems to have a bit a of bad rep when it comes to sound.
Other options i guess is Gerts 100 cell post and modify. Anyone gone down the powerspeed route ? thanks

I have this https://scart.com/fr/porsche/993/catalyseur-sport-100-cc--gillet/50-11

Highly recomend

Nick that looks like a nice piece of kit having searched the forum it look like a few have gone down the power speed route but their version only uses the 200cel insert. awaiting for quote from them but would prefer the 100 cell if it gives more HP

Surinder Randhawa said:
Nick that looks like a nice piece of kit having searched the forum it look like a few have gone down the power speed route but their version only uses the 200cel insert. awaiting for quote from them but would prefer the 100 cell if it gives more HP

I've got the full SCART set up with the SCART Riva backboxes, incredible quality and the sound is epic

I had the good fortune to hear Nick`s 993 at Porsche in the glen a couple of years ago, all be it just entering the park and lining up, but he gave it a few blips of the throttle, enough to make it obvious there was something not exactly standard hiding under the engine lid...(-:

If you like the sound of a raucous air cooled exhaust you could beam up this vid from the link below, and once the presenter stops waxing lyrical while the guy plays the guitar, a 911 then opens up in what may be main street in small town USA, no doubt shaking some shingles loose..?

https://youtu.be/-Grz8AmvS6w

Surinder Randhawa said:
I went the 200 route with Gert. He said the 100s did not have any HP advantages, just a little louder. At that time he did not have any 100s in stock and as I had already shipped my cats to him, did not really have choice.
Its also got europipe sport mufflers and after Mr Schofield's magic , it sounds raucous enough for me.

Gert sells HJS Cats which are pretty much the best quality CAT on the market.
Fabspeed and other high end exhaust builders generally use HJS for this reason.

C.

I seem to recall with the R8's at Le Mans which were criticised for being quiet (from a spectator's perspective) that Audi said that noise was a waste of power.

i'm getting quotes circa 1k fitted if I go down the power speed route. Then a remap @chipward. anyone provide a cost for the remap ?

thx

Luddite said:
I had the good fortune to hear Nick`s 993 at Porsche in the glen a couple of years ago, all be it just entering the park and lining up, but he gave it a few blips of the throttle, enough to make it obvious there was something not exactly standard hiding under the engine lid...(-:

Almost impossible to resist at a car show :grin:

Hi

I had Gert's 100 cell inserts put into my standard enclosure (horrible job), with standard boxes. Quite a lot louder than standard I would say with a mechanical noise. Not boomy as such.

I love it.

Berni

car is now booked in at powerspeed for the 200 cell conversion. Then off to see wayne for the remap.. If I can get her circa to 300bhp and with all the weight taken out happy days :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back