Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

“Thin” Front Wheel Spacer Fitment

David Ramsbotham

Silverstone
Can I fit some “thin” front wheel spacers to my gen1 without needing longer wheel mounting bolts?

Some will say up to 5mm is okay... however when I did this, an independent garage (RPM) recommended I replace them, during a service. Design911 do some good quality aftermarket bolts, which were quite reasonable.

My 15mm spacers came with nice new steel one piece bolts that replaced the slightly corroded OEM ones with the dodgy aluminium floating washer thing. Well worth spending the extra to swap those out if yours are like mine.

Another thing you have to watch with thin spacers on Porsche hubs is to make sure that the spacers are 'hubcentric'.

Thin plain spacers that aren't hubcentric will wobble like old boots.

Porscheshop have them I believe.

+1 for the correct length bolts. Don't skimp here either.

Porsche do an OE 5mm spacer and longer bolts, so you know that will be problem free… you just pay a bit more for the privilege as per.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back