||996 : 1997-2005
||2004 911 (996) GT3 RS White/Blue
||White with Mexico Blue
|Manual or Tiptronic
|Wheel Size & Style
||18" alloys colour coded in mexico blue
||Porsche 911 (996) GT3 RS in White with Mexico Blue highlights
The 996 GT3 RS was released in 2004 to homologate parts for the 911 RSR factory race car. As such it is the only homologation special of all the GT3 RS models. Only 680 cars (though some sources suggest less) were released by Stuttgart and the car was not sold in North America. With the loss of some cars in the early days, the 996 GT3 RS is probably as rare, if not rarer than the 4.0 997 GT3 RS making it one of the rarest 911 models ever produced.
The 996 GT3 RS came with a number of performance and weight reduction enhancements over the base 996 GT3 Clubsport including:
- carbon fibre rear wing producing higher downforce than the standard car
- additional air scoop under rear wing to channel ram air at high speed into the engine (reputed to give an additional 15bhp at top speed)
- lighter perspex rear window
- less sound deadening than standard car
- toughened rear rollcage with additional cross member
- preparation for battery cut off under front bonnet
- lighter front bonnet made from carbon fibre
- cut out vents in front bumper to give both increased cooling and also increased front downforce to balance the increased rear downforce from the larger rear wing
- alcantara finish to steering wheel, gearstick, and handbrakes
- ported engine heads to increase power output
- RSR homologation suspension components
We are proud to present a rare and desirable 996 GT3 RS specification in exemplary condition and in original un-modified factory spec. We have known this car for many years being supplied with every factory selectable option for the 996 GT3 RS (admittedly, being a race car for the road, the option list was relatively short). The options list includes:
- Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brake system (PCCB)
- Porsche CDR23 CD player / radio
- automatic climate control / air conditioning
- front section of centre console
- roll cage painted white
- Litronic Bi-Xenon lighting with wash system
- front windscreen with tinted sunscreen
The remaining description of the car is equally enticing:
- original panel car
- low mileage - only 25,064 miles
- 18" alloys colour coded in mexico blue
- factory supplied Recaro bucket seats finished in Nomex fire retardant material with Porsche crests
- factory supplied Porsche roll cage finished in the more desirable white paint
- limited slip differential uprated with motorsport diff plates
- colour coded blue seat belts
- onboard computer
- floor mats
- driver and passenger airbags
- remote central locking
- tracker anti-theft device installed
- electric door mirrors
- electric windows
- standard 6-piston brakes at front and 4-piston brakes at rear driving the PCCB brakes
- power assisted steering
- two sets of keys
- all books and toolkit present
The car comes with full service history with an extensive file of receipts, service invoices, previous MOTs, etc. The body has been treated with a full detail and covered with G-Techniq ceramic coating which continues to provide active beading and protection with every wash.
Fully garaged version of this rare and non-depreciating sports car which has been fastidiously maintained and looked after.
As most potential buyers will know, the 996 GT3 RS is a unique example from the Porsche lightweight performance car stable - officially rated at 381bhp, however it is well known that the best engines were selected for the 996 GT3 RS and with the ported inlets, generated considerably more power. This car has been measured at close to 410bhp with the results included in the documentation with the car.
The 996 GT3 RS is arguably the most analogue driving experience among all the water cooled GT3 and RS variants. Referred to as the serious Porsche driver's ultimate 911, the 996 GT3 RS is widely acknowledged as a modern day classic with the potential to follow the 1973 2.7RS into serious investment territory.
Every Porsche that we offer for sale has been fully inspected by us and only goes into our showroom once we are happy with the quality both mechanically and cosmetically. We offer a free 12 month inhouse comprehensive warranty on all our cars to give you reassurance that buying from Nine Excellence is an excellent choice. Finance and Part Exchange are both available.
Nine Excellence are the leading Independent Porsche Specialists, so you can be assured that this example is in superb condition.
||09 Apr 2018
||09 Jan 2019
[ Find all ads by 996ttalot ]
Insurance Ring the AIB Porsche Insurance on 02380 268 351
their Phone Hotline and quote '911uk'
(Open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-11am) or click here for a quote
As a specialist centre for performance and modified vehicles,
AIB have facilities and resources to provide extremely competitive quotes.
||The Porsche 911 Buying Guide will help you select your dream Porsche.
Do you know all you need to before you buy a used Porsche 911?
|Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
||Does your next used car have a hidden history?
For complete piece of mind, have a comprehensive appraisal on the car you have selected.
Visit the 911uk PPI Pages for more information.
||When you're buying your next used vehicle, you'll check the bodywork, the engine, and take it on a test drive. But what about the details you can't see just by looking? That's where an Online Vehicle Check can help. Get your HPI Check today in a matter of minutes.