||996 : 1997-2005
||2001 996 3.4 - Manual, M030, IMS, Clutch, 1yr MOT
||Stoke Newington, London
|Manual or Tiptronic
|Wheel Size & Style
||18' Turbo Style
||2001 PORSCHE 911 (996) 3.4 CARRERA 2 - Outstanding mechanical and cosmetic condition - Manual, Non Sunroof, M030, New IMS & Clutch
2001 ‘Y’ Plate Porsche 911 996 Carrera 2 Manual, 3.4L, 71,000 miles. MOT to Nov 2018.
More pictures available here: https://imgur.com/a/SruwJ
Video walk around here: https://youtu.be/5boPPplfaZE
Finished in Lapis Blue metallic paint, and with the rare and desirable ‘Savannah’ extended leather interior.
This car has an excellent specification, as a manual 2WD car with no sunroof. It’s one of the very last of the 2001 996.1 generation cars, and features the more robust 3.4L engine. It’s been maintained to an excellent standard throughout its life and has a full service history, including a stamped service book with a mix of OPC and Porsche specialist service stamps. The car includes it’s original Porsche leather wallet, manuals, both keys, a certificate of authenticity from Porsche GB and a wedge of receipts. The car is HPI clear.
It was originally supplied as a C16 UK car by Merlin Porsche Nottingham on 09/07/2001.
Option codes from new:
424 CD compartment
425 rear window wiper
436 3 spoke steering wheel
567 top tint windscreen
689 prep for CD changer
695 6 disc Becker CD auto changer
936 leather rear seats
981 leather dashboard and door panels
983 leather front seats
I’ve owned the car for just shy of a year, owning a 911 was always a dream for me, but an impending house purchase means I need to move the car on earlier than I’d expected. I’ll be very sad to see it go.
When I purchased the car this January, its previous owner had very recently had the car thoroughly overhauled by Colwills Porsche in Cornwall. The car had the following:
* Ceramic IMS Bearing Upgrade
* New Clutch
* New Rear Main Seal (RMS)
* New Engine Mount Kit
* New Multi-V Belt
* Brand new M030 Porsche Sports Suspension - Including springs, shocks, bushes and front and rear anti roll bars
* Porsche 5mm Front Spacers, 9mm Rear Spacers as per factory M030 Specification
* Porsche Extended Wheel Bolts
* New Top Gear ‘Mild Sports’ stainless steel exhaust and fitting kit (Sounds fantastic!)
* New Air-Con radiators and re-gas
When I bought the car in January 2017 I wanted to make sure it was 100% mechanically and it was additionally serviced with:
* New OE discs and pads all round - Including new calliper bolts
* New coffin arms - Including new nuts and bolts
* New tuning forks - Including new nuts and bolts
* Low temperature GT3 thermostat with coolant flush and refill
* New replacement cooling fan resistors
* A set of four new Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres
It was last serviced this summer by respected Porsche specialists RPM Technik who undertook a full 96k, £900, Service in May 2017. This included:
* Plug in and read out fault memory (Came back clear. No faults recorded)
* Replace oil and filter
* Replace pollen filter
* Inspection of: vehicle underside for fluid leaks and rubbing and engine compartment, coolant hoses, coolant (level and antifreeze check), radiator vents for debris, air intake, brake system, brake hoses and lines (Tectly all metal ones), drive shafts and CV boots, all suspension and steering joints, tyre condition and pressures, lubricate locks and hinges, electrical equipment, horn, windscreen wiper washing system, power steering and fluid level check and lighting system (including headlights and indicators)
* Wheels Removed, clean up and lube hubs
* New spark plugs
* New air filter
* Handbrake adjustment
* New fuel filter
* New Multi-V drive belt
* Replacement spark plugs
* Drain and refill of Gearbox oil
* Brake fluid flush and refill
The car came back with a clean bill of health from RPM and they remarked it was one of the cleanest and most honest 996’s they had seen.
To finish things off mechanically it was taken to car geometry specialist Wheels in Motion, who fully aligned the car on their Hunter laser alignment rig. The paperwork with the car includes a before and after printout of the alignment settings.
The car has also had a number of sympathetic, OEM+, interior and exterior upgrades, including:
* Updated 997 cigarette lighter specification (allows you to use normal adapters for chargers etc)
* Bluetooth AUX in module for the standard fit Becker CR22
* Professional retrofit of Porsche On Board Computer (OBC) and Cruise Control, with Porsche 4 Stalk assembly
* 996 GT3 Centre Console Delete - A great addition to the cabin that really frees up a lot of leg space
* LED Interior lighting - Including engine compartment, doors and boot
* LED Exterior Lighting - Including number plate lights and indicators
The interior is in generally excellent condition for it’s age, with only a few tiny marks betraying it’s years/miles. I don’t think the rear seats have ever been used. The full Porsche toolkit, spare wheel, jack and wheel brace are included in the boot.
The paint is in generally excellent condition, with only a couple of tiny stone chips here and there. It’s recently been treated to a full machine polish and looks outstanding, especially with the sun on it. Lapis Blue is a really beautiful colour.
Over the last 18 months/7000 miles this car has had over £5,000 worth of preventative maintenance and servicing undertaken to ensure that this is one of the most well sorted 996 Carrera 2’s in the UK. The, essentially new, M030 sports suspension doesn’t knock, rattle or crash, the gearbox shifts smoothly and easily, the engine starts first time, idles cleanly, pulls hard, doesn’t smoke, doesn’t burn oil and is a joy to use.
This is by far the best car I’ve ever owned and If I didn’t need to finance a house purchase I wouldn’t be selling the car. The next owner will be getting a truly excellent example of an appreciating Porsche 911. I’ll be gutted to see it go.
The car is located in Stoke Newington, North London and I’m happy to entertain questions, calls, viewings and SENSIBLE offers. More pictures and video are available on request. No part exchanges please.
||30 Oct 2017 [ Last edited by Mallone on 22 Nov 2017 edited 5 time(s) in total ]
||30 Jul 2018
[ Find all ads by Mallone ]
Insurance Ring the AIB Porsche Insurance on 02380 268 351
their Phone Hotline and quote '911uk'
(Open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-11am) or click here for a quote
As a specialist centre for performance and modified vehicles,
AIB have facilities and resources to provide extremely competitive quotes.
||The Porsche 911 Buying Guide will help you select your dream Porsche.
Do you know all you need to before you buy a used Porsche 911?
|Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
||Does your next used car have a hidden history?
For complete piece of mind, have a comprehensive appraisal on the car you have selected.
Visit the 911uk PPI Pages for more information.
||When you're buying your next used vehicle, you'll check the bodywork, the engine, and take it on a test drive. But what about the details you can't see just by looking? That's where an Online Vehicle Check can help. Get your HPI Check today in a matter of minutes.